TPN Map For Directv Latin America Satellites
@ 95W: G3C, DLA1, DLA2
TPN Map For Directv SKY Mexico Satellites
@ 58W: IS21
TPN Map For Directv Domestic Satellites
@ 99W: SW2, D11, D14
@101W: D4S, D8, D9S
@103W: SW1, D10, D12, D15
MPEG2 / MPEG4
- MPEG4 channels have the channel Name shaded Blue
- MPEG4 channels transporting 4K content have the channel Number shaded Red
- MPEG4 channels transporting HD content have the channel Number shaded Blue
- MPEG4 channels transporting SD content have the channel Number shaded Green
- MPEG2 channels transporting SD content are un-shaded with the channel name and number in a smaller font
- December 17, 2012, Puerto Rico began the transition from Directv Latin America (DLA), to Directv US Domestic resources. Puerto Rico service is now administered as if it were a US DMA.
- Post #2 of this thread details the procedure to acquire channel information and signal strength using interactive IP (SHEF) commands with your receiver.
Market and Channel Count Information
- Post #3 of this thread provides the complete Directv DMA Market Data and History Excel, along with the Channel Count periodic snapshot of channels per satellite.
1. TPN_Map Domestic This Excel presents all US Directv Channels and TPN's: CONUS (Continental US or wide/National beams) and LIL (Local-Into-Local or narrow/Spot beams).
There are five tabs at the bottom of the Domestic Excel
- CONUS all 50-States channels, grouping first MPEG4/4K, then MPEG4/HD, then SD channels in channel number sequence
- LIL all Local-Into-Local channels in DMA Market Name sequence, grouping first MPEG4 HD, then all SD channels in channel number sequence. Puerto Rico appears as a pseudo DMA
- OTA the Directv supported database of Over-The-Air channels in DMA Market Name then channel number sequence. The Directv OTA database has not been expanded since November, 2009
- Hybrid includes Active and Inactive Test records for CONUS, Hybrid and LIL channels, 'Push' channels, On-Demand channels, Interactive channels and Offline channels. Each grouping is in channel number sequence. A large number of part-time channels, seasonal channels, RSN Alternate channels and ‘Game-Only’ sports channels appear in this tab since such channels are typically inactive at the time of day the TPN Map is assembled
- Network Decoder correlates satellites and their TPN's graphically to explain the receiver's signal strength presentation
2. TPN_Map Latin The first division of Directv Latin America (DLA) is Panamericana. Entities in this division are Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. El Caribe entities are Aruba/Curacao, Barbados, Trinidad/Tobago and Caribe Regional. Puerto Rico has transitioned from DLA to US Domestic resources.
**Please note: in October 2015 our colleague in Columbia was moved by his employer leaving us unable to provide updated Panamericana TPN Maps at this time.
There are seven tabs at the bottom of the Latin Excel
- PanR1 all channels in Network 0, Pan Regional 1, grouping first MPEG4 then MPEG2 channels in channel number sequence
- PanR2 all channels in Network 1, Pan Regional 2, grouping first MPEG4 then MPEG2 channels in channel number sequence
- Sur all channels in Network 3, Sur, grouping first MPEG4 then MPEG2 channels in channel number sequence
- Norte all channels in Network 4, Norte, grouping first MPEG4 then MPEG2 channels in channel number sequence
- OTA the Directv supported database of Over-The-Air channels in Regional Market Name then channel number sequence
- Hybrid includes On-Demand channels, Interactive channels, Test records and Offline channels, each grouping in channel number sequence
- LA Network Decoder correlates satellites and their TPN's graphically to explain the receiver's signal strength presentation
3. SKY-Mexico is part of a second DLA division which includes Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama. SKY-Mexico is not yet presented here
4. SKY-Brazil is a third DLA division but is not yet presented here
All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish
The free Microsoft Excel Viewer
- KyL416, Tom Robertson, doctor j and 18 others like this