DBSTalk Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions About

• · Registered
    4,195 Posts
    Hello:
    I discovered something by accident --I purchased a malware bytes premium (because I have 3 Pc's
    and it includes browser site protection & ad Blocking. You may already know this or not --but since installing it -- I no longer get ads on the AV forum (same as this one) and satellite guys site.

· Icon
    1,018 Posts
    Thanks for the message. No, not upgrading. Simply saw a Bose Solo commerical this morning. We're having the backyard professionally relandscaped so I'm afraid it's going to cost a bundle. Take it easy MM.

3 Posts
    Its nice to know that someone other then me has been with D* this lone. Bought my first reviver dish in 8/97. It did not come in until 11/97. Had to install it my self. I used a 13" TV on table to check the signal and make sure all was right. BTW the system cost me about $900.

· Icon
    1,018 Posts
    I need your opinion please. My AVR is a Denon 987 with 2 HDMI inputs. One of the inputs is dedicated to my DTV HD-DVR. Now that I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray and a Toshiba HD-A20 I have to make a decision about connecting the two DVD player since I do not have enough HDMI inputs for both. As I see it I have 2 options.

Option 1: Buy a remote controlled HDMI Switch and two HDMI cables from Monoprice to run both DVD players via HDMI. (I would program my Harmony One remote to operate the switch)

Option 2: Connect the Blu-Ray via HDMI. Connect the HD-A20 via Component (on hand) & Optical Audio (have to buy).

Note 1: My Sony KDF-46E2000 is 720p/1080i max.
    Note 2: My Toshiba HD-A20 sends video via Component cables the same as HDMI but I will lose HD audio withe the Optical cable. This is not a really big deal since my HD-DVD collection is much smaller than my standard DVD collection.

Please give me your opinion as to which option you would recommend.

Thanks,
    Louis
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…