DBSTalk Forum banner

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions About

• · Registered
    4,195 Posts
    Your SSD is Plastic --Nothing to ground --LOL

· Icon
    1,290 Posts
    Yeah, didn't think of that, haha. Hasn't arrived yet, so wasn't thinking of what it's made of. Thanks.

· Registered
    4,195 Posts
    I had Samsung Washer and Dryer --Both are in the landfill --I had a samsung DLP (2006) "it's the mirror's" -went to landfill in 2008 --Mount the SDD in using Double sided tape --just to hold it in place if needed.

the only samsung I have is A32 --upgraded from a S6 --That the only thing that has worked for me.

· Icon
    1,290 Posts
    We had a Samsung DLP too, lol. We bought the extended warranty, which we normally don't do, but it paid off big time. Had light engine replaced, part alone was $1400. Replaced the color wheel too. Warranty cost $300. But yeah, I understand the hatred towards Samsung, haha. I can make the SSD stay in there, but the original HDD has these clips they say are to ground it to the chassis?

· Icon
    1,290 Posts
    Seems like they'd go right on the sled, because the screw holes should line up, but maybe they're not necessary?? Won't let me attach a pic from my computer here, but I put a picture up in that thread.

· Registered
    4,195 Posts
    I didn't mean to ignore your question on the Samsung SSD --I just don't like anything SAMSUNG so I have never used a sammy SSD or never would - however you may if your wish --I won't anything like that as it upsets the samsung fans -LOL

· Icon
    1,290 Posts
    That said, I still may not put that in my 24, I might use the WD Blue, based on you having no issues with them. Rich said he has used them too. It's weird, my guard is up with Samsung too, based only on a ****ty washer and dryer by them.

· Icon
    1,290 Posts
    My friend I told you about, said the only things he would use from Samsung, would be phones or SSDs, lol. My wife has a Samsung tablet she likes, so you never know.

· Icon
    1,290 Posts
    Even if I use the WD Blue, I think it should fit in a sled, and mount just like the original HDD, thus allowing me to use those grounding clips, but I'm not sure how important they are. Rich said his SSD is floating in his 24, so I'm assuming he didn't feel the clips were important.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…