DBSTalk Forum banner

Basic reliable OTA tuner - DVR support not needed

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  4me2c 
#1 ·
Looking for a good quality OTA tuner for the sole purpose of watching local OTA broadcast in my basement during severe weather events. I already have antenna and coax to the basement but when I upgraded my equipment with Dtv I lost support for OTA. Don't need DVR or even DVR support. Just coax in and HDMI out. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Just guessing what you might need. I would suggest a battery powered TV with an ATSC tuner built in.
You can find many used ATSC tuners from the digital conversion but they didn't have HDMI outputs.
Do a google search for ATSC tuner and HDMI see if anything suits your needs.

#4 ·
Since you want HDMI out, I assume you have an HD TV.
If yes, just screw the coax to the TV and let it scan the channels and you are all set.

#5 ·
Looking for a good quality OTA tuner for the sole purpose of watching local OTA broadcast in my basement during severe weather events. I already have antenna and coax to the basement but when I upgraded my equipment with Dtv I lost support for OTA. Don't need DVR or even DVR support. Just coax in and HDMI out. Thanks for the help.
Sorry guys - I clearly left out some detail. Basement = existing HT with projector which has no tuner. Not looking for power out solution. Just need the OTA in the event of heavy rain and loss of Dtv signal.

#8 ·
It does for sure. For some reason I thought it was a different box.
Good catch.

#10 ·
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-A...D-Display-and-Recording-Capabilities/28505040

Video Resolution: 1080p, 1080u, 720p, 576p
Built in HDMI output

$30. bucks, is clear and works great. If you need to, just use a splitter on the antenna line. I have mine split to 3 outs: 2 dvd recorders and the tv.
They also have a Refurbished Unit for $20...!
I know it has been awhile since the last post but I also was looking for a STB to connect for OTA. I am currently using a Viewsat 9000HD and pulling in 65 Local Channels down here...! I'm gonna go to Wally World and get the Ematic-AT103B Refurbished for a back up unit.
Happy New Year...!

If this post is Out-Of-Line then just Delete it, Thanks...!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.