DBSTalk Forum banner

VP211 Receiver Compatability

10K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  P Smith 
#1 ·
I have a new VP211 that Dish TV says is not compatible with the new Hybrid system. Can anyone please tell me what dish (DishTV or DirectTV) I can use with the VIP211? Thanks

#4 ·
Ok - tell use which satellites your Hopper3 is seeing. From there, we can tell you what to get / install so your 211 can work.

If the Hopper3 is seeing 61.5 and 72 - You'll need an Eastern Arc 1000.2. (2 lnb)

If the Hopper3 is seeing 110, 119 and 129, you'll need a 1000.2 Western Arc Dish / LNB.

In both cases - you need to put up a 2nd dish for your 211 to work. Unless you're using the 211 for an RV, Dish may not let you activate it, so that would be nice to know as well.

#10 ·
For folks out there who may want to downgrade, lets say get away from $15 dvr fee with 211K and EHD from H3 there is no need to swap the hybrid LNB or hub out. The compatibility issue isn't with the hybrid equipment its with the H3. The 211K works just fine with the new Hybrid system as long as the H3 is out of the picture.

#17 ·
For folks out there who may want to downgrade, lets say get away from $15 dvr fee with 211K and EHD from H3 there is no need to swap the hybrid LNB or hub out. The compatibility issue isn't with the hybrid equipment its with the H3. The 211K works just fine with the new Hybrid system as long as the H3 is out of the picture.
Please tell me how to hook up a VIP211z to a Dish HD 3 LNB three connector Hybrid. I have yet to find the answer and I habe zero signal!

#21 ·
Special wiring work would also be needed (DPH42 switch instead of the Hybrid LNB).

#22 ·
IIRC, you need a Dish Pro Plus lnb (3 head) and the DPH42 switch, two lines from the lnb to the switch then to the Hopper, third line from lnb to the 211.

211 is not compatible with the Hybrid lnb but the DPH42 converts the DPP to hybrid for the Hopper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.