DBSTalk Forum banner

SiriusXM free?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  gjrhine 
#1 ·
For some reason I'm getting all channels including sports channels in my van free not that I'm complain just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Been getting it free since Christmas and not as a gift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
#3 ·
It. Would have to be during the Christmas preview because we haven't tried before that. Was just curious if this had happened to anybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I did contact them initially because I thought they might try and bill me for the extra time. But after I called twice and sent them two separate emails (which I still have copies of and their automatic replies 'thank you for contacting SiriusXM'), I stopped notifying them and continued to use it.

Little did I know it would remain working for almost 5 years (4 years 10 months). They deactivated the device right after a 'freebie' period. I think they send out a signal after those free periods to deactivate the devices that aren't supposed to be active.

#7 ·
SiriusXM doesn't waste much signal time on activating/deactivating devices, and they have no way of verifying if a device receives the signal. They are receivers only. SXM simply sends the deactivation signal several times spread out over a few days and then stops sending it. They resend the signal every so often after that, but they don't put a very high priority on it after the first few days. If you hardly ever use a device, it's completely possible to miss the signal for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.