DBSTalk Forum banner

Going to see Smokey and the Bandit tonight

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Dude111 
#1 ·
At a local theater. It seems there is a company that brings old films back to the big screen so we can watch them again in all their glory.

#4 ·
The company is Turner Classic Movies, using the name "Fathom Events". They rent out one screen and usually show the movie only for two days.

Upcoming:

The Godfather (June 4 & 7)
Some Like It Hot (June 11 & 14)
Fast Times At Ridgemont High (July 30 & August 2)
Bonnie & Clyde (August 13 & 16(
ET (September 17 & 20)
Princess Bride (October 15 & 18)
Casablanca (November 12 & 15)
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (December 10 & 13)

I went to S&TB last night, and there were as many people there as generally are for a first run film. Also, apparently since it is a rental of the theatre, there were no coming attractions or pre show commercials, which was great.

#5 ·
Fathom also distributes the Met Opera and other events.
Fathom Events

I see the TCM series mentions "with exclusive commentary". Did they talk through the movie?

#11 ·
NMSL = National Maximum Speed Limit
I remember when they repealed that one ... I was living in Michigan at the time and they would ticket for greater than 55 MPH but they considered the ticket an "Energy Speed" ticket. The fines and drivers license points were minimal as long as one was not violating the pre-Energy Speed speed limit that the state would have normally set on the interstates.

I got a ticket for 30 in a 25 that cost me three points and twice the cash compared to the one point ticket I got for 70 in a 55 on an rural interstate. After the speed limits were restored driving was more sane (and 20+ MPH over a limit is not something I would recommend).

#12 ·
I love the first one alot James :)

I didnt realise how beautiful it was until I got the first VHS releaase from 1981 ..... The original technicolour look of the movie is on the tape!! (All newer ones are remastered and dont look as good to me)

TheRatPatrol said:
NMSL = National Maximum Speed Limit
Thank you....... I didnt know either what it was!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.