DBSTalk Forum banner

New Dish Reflector

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  peds48 
#1 ·
I was at Sam's listening to the Directv salesman sales pitch. He said, "that the new reflector part of the dish, with the white writing, is better then the old once". With the new reflector their no more rain fade. I was wondering is the salesman correct or is this just B.S.

#4 ·
I was at Sam's listening to the Directv salesman sales pitch. He said, "that the new reflector part of the dish, with the white writing, is better then the old once". With the new reflector their no more rain fade. I was wondering is the salesman correct or is this just B.S.
It's super B.S....

Ought to be a law against someone propagating such extreme nonsense...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
With the older sats, there were people that bought a larger dish (improved signal strength) to reduce rain fade. Dish reflectivity improvements would serve the same purpose. There was a patent back in 2013 (WO 2013108225 A1) to improve the reflectivity that would cover the higher frequencies. So, while it is most likely just sales talk, there is the possibility that improving the reflectivity of the dish without incurring increased costs would benefit them by reducing customer complaints and an improved customer experience in rainy areas. Without knowing how much improvement, or the effective increase in reception, it is all just hype. Intense thunderstorms would probably still result in loss of signal unless the improvement is really huge, which is unlikely.

#12 ·
Even wondering if this is true is amazing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
"See, the color difference of the reflector increases the signal by +5 db, and the writing has a special metal in it that helps amplify the the signal integeraty. And also the 0.001 MM offset helps too with this revoulutanry design"
Hmmmm, I could be a sails man ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.