DBSTalk Forum banner

DirectTV / Roku

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
So I am having an odd issue with my Roku and DirectTV. When my smart TV was in New Orleans I had no issue getting all the ESPN's and CNN's via Roku. I was "wireless". Now that I have brought the TV back to where I live again, when I try to connect my Roku to ESPN / CNN / Anything else I get my Roku code screen, I get to the the screen that allows me to choose my "Cable Provider" and insert the code, but when I get to the Directtv login page and login with my DirectTV login account, I get this, in RED: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." Direct TV blames Roku. Roku says it's a direct TV issue. I think it is the later. I've even "spoofed" the password and a get the "wrong password" code you would expect. At least the DTV guy said to try here! :) Please help. I never had this issue when I was in New Orleans.
Thank you.
mb

#7 ·
Calling Roku and expecting help is a crapshoot. I have to say this about Rokus: If Roku decided to give them away at no cost I wouldn't be interested. I think they're not nearly as good as a Fire TV box or stick. And nowhere near as good as an Apple TV box. Yes, I have compared them in my home and the Rokus don't do well in any comparison.

Rich

#8 · (Edited)
I'm having this issue too with any channel provider app. It started a few days ago. Some I can authenticate by logging in like CNN but when I play I get an error. Some say not authorized to content or not authorized.
I called Directv yesterday about this and they tried all these password resets but nothing f was resolved. I have heard one other person having this issue and iI told them it may be a system issue with Att that something recently changed. I just used the CNN app earlier this week. The technical support rep said he is escalating the issue and I will be contacted by email or phone. I'm not holding my breath. If you are having issues like this I suggest to call with the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.