DBSTalk Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 140 Results
  1. DIRECTV General Discussion
    If anyone has done this I would like to hear about your experience.
  2. Local Reception
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this. Since my CBS channel is a Nexstar station which is temporarily not available on DirecTV, I decided to grab my indoor antenna and do a scan like I did the last time there was a dispute. My local CBS station is WIVB, channel 4. When I go to the...
  3. DIRECTV Programming
    At some point this summer I will be cancelling my DirecTV Satellite Service (after 27 years!) and probably subbing to DirecTV Stream (I will be living in NESN/NBC Sports Boston) territory so only FUBO tv and Stream have access to those Channels and FUBO does not have Turner stations (TBS/TNT...
  4. Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members
    It’s finally here! The 2023 NCAA Divison I Men’s Basketball Tournament, otherwise known as March Madness, is finally upon us. This is one of the most-watched live sporting events in the United States, and it’s easy to see why. This year, the games of the March Madness tournament will be split...
  5. Great Deals
    DIRECTV STREAM just dropped a new promo that will help you save some money on the service’s 4K Android TV device. New DIRECTV STREAM subscribers on any plan can get $10 off per month for their first year of service (a $120 savings), when they purchase the DIRECTV STREAM device. They will also...
  6. Buy, Sell, Trade
    Putting the word out, looking for DirecTV's legacy Microsoft Ultimate TV receiver. Either RCA or the Sony models. Nearly any condition is fine as long as it powers on. I understand these things cannot be officially activated anymore etc etc... If you have or know anyone that has this old...
  7. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Hello everyone. I have been experiencing random audio dropouts and/or pixelation on all of my local channels (ABC 16, CBS 22, NBC 28, etc.) National channels like ESPN are not affected. I know it is not a bad signal or bad weather as my local channels broadcast on 103S tpn#19 which almost always...
  8. DIRECTV Programming
    Some SD DirecTV channels are in 16:9 format, especially QVC2 and ESPNews SD. I believe TNT SD, truTV SD, and TBS SD are in 16:9 format as well. By the way, I do not use any SD equipment (and haven’t been since 2016.) This is on an HD Genie with “show all channels” selected in the guide settings.
  9. DIRECTV Programming
    I switched to the Choice package this week after having Premier since 2003. The retention agent I spoke to said I would need the Sports Pack to get the Bally Sports South channel for the Atlanta area, but that appears to be incorrect. I plugged my zip code into a link i found on the DirecTV site...
  10. DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion
    Hello. My apologies in advance if this looks like a newbie and covered question. Im completely new into this. I moved to an apartment building and want to connect my old directv receiver to the main building line. My receiver is a LH01-O-100 model. I have the following questions Right outside...
  11. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Good Morning /Afternoon & Evening. I have a Very Simple Question, What does a RID # Mean on the Front of a DIRECTV + HD DVR UNIT ?
  12. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Hi All, I have a few questions which I've had trouble finding answers for. I don't know much about the specifics of a DIRECTV system's operation, so any links to a decent overview would be nice. Unnecessary Background Information: I have an SDR that can handle the IF output from the DIRECTV...
  13. DIRECTV Programming
    Does anyone know why the 4k football game broadcasts are always so dark? Every game I've seen on the 4k channels the picture is much darker than the regular HD channel. Now it's the ASU-USC game - it's nice and bright on Fox, but it looks like a night game on 106.
  14. Internet Streaming Services
    Keep an eye out on your emails if you have a Movies Anywhere account. The choices for a bonus movie are: The Matrix The MEG Crazy Rich Asians LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Smallfoot All titles are from Warner Bros. Eligibility: See this article for more information. I connected my D*...
  15. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Well it has finally happened. Time for AT&T's first dispute of 2020 this time it is AMC Networks. For the first time ever this will impact all FIVE AT&T video services: Affected Channels: AMC, BBC America, IFC, SundanceTV, WeTV and AMC Premiere (streaming ad-free add-on to AMC's TV Everywhere...
  16. DIRECTV Tips and Resources
    Mods feel free to pin/sticky this for easy reference. Here is a handy guide to the various bundling benefits with AT&T's services. AT&T Internet Combine billing required for Internet + DirecTV or U-Verse TV in order to get bundle pricing and Unlimited Data benefits AT&T TV is excluded from the...
  17. DIRECTV Programming
    So as I was catching up on my neglected Reddit newsfeed I came across an interesting thread from r/MoviesAnywhere about AT&T/DirecTV currently testing Movies Anywhere integration. (Reddit thread here) Apparently the Twitter account that shared this info is "Zu Nim" and according to some of the...
  18. DIRECTV Programming
    Looking for guidance on what DirecTV content has Dolby Atmos sound. I have all the required 4k equipment, but the 4k channel is showing up as Dolby Digital Plus on my Yamaha AVR. I can get Atmos via Nvidia Shield on Netflix, but stumped on the DirecTV front. Guide data shows 4k and HDR, but...
  19. DIRECTV General Discussion
    I just checked the AT&T article where they post the yearly price updates and they have updated the page for 2020. I'm guessing bill notifications will go out soon. The RSN Fee Tool has not been updated with the new prices yet so its not worth calling customer care until bill notices or the RSN...
  20. General DISH™ Discussion
    What's your take on this? DIRECTV & DISH May Merge & Be Run By AT&T According To a New Report - Cord Cutters News
1-20 of 140 Results