DBSTalk Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-19 of 19 Results
  1. DIRECTV Programming
    Some SD DirecTV channels are in 16:9 format, especially QVC2 and ESPNews SD. I believe TNT SD, truTV SD, and TBS SD are in 16:9 format as well. By the way, I do not use any SD equipment (and haven’t been since 2016.) This is on an HD Genie with “show all channels” selected in the guide settings.
  2. DISH™ High Definition Discussion
    When I had my kitchen remodeled, maybe about 10 years ago, I had coax cables run from the room where my Dish receiver was located to a couple of mounted TVs. Since then 2 things have happened. 1) I switched to a Hopper 3 & Joeys. 2) My cousin got me an HD tv to replace an SD one. What I am...
  3. General Satellite Discussion
    I'm posting this question in the general area because even though I currently have Dish, I'd like to get input from both Dish and DirectTV camps. I recently have had the opportunity to watch some Dish HD channels, NBC via the local affiliate KCRA, USA, TNT, FX, HGTV, on a Sony 85x900F UHD TV...
  4. DISH™ High Definition Discussion
    I have Directv standard and would like HD. But, I'm having some problems getting it. I scheduled an update appointment and they came but it didn't work out. Because of so many trees, he was going to have to put the new dish right next to my concrete walk and then run cables to my house and up...
    hd
  5. General DISH™ Discussion
    Hi guys, I researched the forums and learned that CSNBA might be available on an alternate channel in HD for Hawaii. I also looked at the links provided by James Long (Thanks bro!) and the uplink doeesn't say they working now. However, the game finder says that the Warriors and Giants games are...
  6. General DISH™ Discussion
    I just recently discovered that we finally had the Smithsonian Channel in HD and I was really enjoying their programming. I'm sure I was seeing a lot of old reruns, but they are all new to me so until I start seeing repeats I'm happy - or at least I was. Now the HD channel is no longer HD. In...
  7. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Our HR24 has recently started recording programs in SD unintentionally. We have HD and when watching TV it plays in HD. However all the recordings are in SD. I have looked through the settings to be see if there was a setting I was missing that accidently got tripped but couldn't find...
  8. DISH™ High Definition Discussion
    I feel pretty stupid, but I am so confused about HD programming. We are LONG time Dish subscribers (from the day the service became available in the greater Washington DC area) and have always run a simple setup. America's Top 200 and Superstations package. A single receiver, a single TV...
  9. Hopper System Support Forum
    Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me. I signed up with Dish a few days ago. Rochester, New York. I bought a Hopper, 1000.2 WA dish with the three LNB setup, and a Duo Node. I have three lines running from the dish into the node. When I pull up the TV guide on the Hopper itself, it seems...
  10. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I have seen similar questions here in the forum about this topic, but i am not still sure about what kind of dish I need to buy to make my already activated High Definition receiver (Model LH27-0-100) work here in Houston TX, i have also the LNB (dual LNB-W), some people comments about this are...
  11. TV Show Talk
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/02/hbo-the-wire-hd/ http://hbowatch.com/the-wire-being-remastered-rebroadcast-in-hd-by-hbo/
  12. DISH™ High Definition Discussion
    Hello, I'm afraid you have a newbie here so please be patient. I am looking for some wiring direction. I am moving into a rural area where I will be adding Dish Network. (I'm not that filmier with them) I want to do the interior wiring myself and let the dish installer do just the installing. I...
  13. DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion
    I have a working Directv SD setup, but I would like to upgrade to HD. I purchased a used H21, which is an HD capable SWM receiver. I am about to purchase a slimline dish with a sl3s4nr2-14 LNB. This LNB has 4 wire feeds coming out of it, but it says SWM on the label. I am confused as to...
  14. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    My DirecTV DVR is full. I have watched all the shows, but I want to save them to my PC if possible. Most of the content on my DVR is various sports. I have a lot of games saved on there that I would like to be able to go back and watch down the road. I have an HR24-500 Receiver. What is the best...
  15. DIRECTV Connected Home
    I am not a Techie so bare with me please. I have Directv, multiple basic receivers, and my main receiver is the HR24 HD receiver that I got last month and am trying to connect to the internet. I do not have WHDVR. I have a DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit (DECABB1R0) with pwer cord and ethernet...
  16. General Satellite Discussion
    Alright guys, this is my first post but I've been doing a ton of research on this before posting for the first time. Long story short, we are moving from an apartment where we are essentially forced into using Charter for internet and TV and I hate it. We are moving to a house, and while Charter...
  17. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I just received my HR44-500 DVR this past weekened, and while I understand it has a 1tb internal HD, I want to put a larger HD on it. I did a search in the forums for maximum hard drive size and founds some posts dated back in 2010 that basiclly said that 2TB is the maximum. I already have a...
  18. DISH™ High Definition Discussion
    I currently subscribe to the Multi-Sport pack and am an HD for free customer. I get the SD and HD feed for the majority of the channels that I get through the MSP (RSNs excluded of course.) However, I only get the SD feed of NHL Network and beIN Sports. This does not seem correct to me. It is...
  19. Home Theater Audio
    I'm looking for a solution for a wireless surround sound since cabling in my living room would be difficult to route. Are there any wireless solutions for this? If so are there any good recommendations?
1-19 of 19 Results