1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0 for 2 for Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ctwilliams, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 5, 2007 #1 of 15
    ctwilliams

ctwilliams Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    Anyone else have this problem?

When my wife went to play this week's Grey's Anatomy it recorded for the 1:02, however what it recorded was a single frame. It played normally, however nothing would show on the screen except for a single video frame, the same one for one hour and two minutes. I looked at the history while I was still "watching" it and it just said recorded.

I exited out of the viewing and went back to the list. The recording was gone without my having deleted it. The history now shows "recording deleted by user".

The previous week I had the 30 min recording like most others.

Best out of 3?

2. Oct 5, 2007 #2 of 15
    Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't think there was the same problem this week, but I'm sorry to hear that you had a recording issue.

3. Oct 8, 2007 #3 of 15
    Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    But this is impossible. THe HR20 works perfectly, did someone not tell you this? ;)

Make sure to call DirecTV and let them know.

4. Oct 8, 2007 #4 of 15
    danok1

danok1 Cool Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I had the same issue as ctwilliams. I posted in another thread:

"We also had the problem w/Grey's Anatomy season premier cutting off at 29 min. (This is on an HR-20.) This week, it looked like we got the entire 1h2m, but when my wife went to watch it tonight, she tried to FF through the first couple of minute. The picture did not change, even though the "time bar" showed her advancing the recording.

She asked me if I could try. I FF'd to the 15 minute mark, but again the picture was frozen when I hit "play". Went to the 30 minute mark; no joy."

Lucky for me we still have a Series2 DTivo for backup!

5. Oct 8, 2007 #5 of 15
    ctwilliams

ctwilliams Legend

Aug 24, 2006

I am in Charlotte also...was yours OTA or the satellite? I recorded from the ABC HD mpeg4 signal....

6. Oct 8, 2007 #6 of 15
    fappy

fappy Cool Member

Jun 30, 2007
    I watched grey's last night (recorded on Thursday), no problems at all.

7. Oct 8, 2007 #7 of 15
    danok1

danok1 Cool Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I recorded from the satellite.

Just as an aside, the same problem SEEMED to occur as she started up "Desperate Housewives" last night, but she restarted the playback and it was okay (after a couple of tries).

8. Oct 8, 2007 #8 of 15
    ebr

ebr AllStar

Oct 3, 2007
    I had the exact same thing - an hour and four minutes of a single video frame (no audio). Posted over here --> http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=103459

I also recorded from the satellite and my HR10 recorded the show properly (OTA).

Very interesting that we're all in the same area - maybe D* had a problem with the satellite feed of our local. To me, that would be a better answer than the box going goofy.

9. Oct 8, 2007 #9 of 15
    danok1

danok1 Cool Member

Oct 7, 2007
    ebr, i checked the thread you linked to...that's the exact image we had for 1h2m!

10. ebr

ebr AllStar

Oct 3, 2007
    Okay... so maybe we're getting somewhere and it was a satellite feed problem not a box messup. That would make me feel a whole lot better about this because I just got this thing last Thu (and then it blew chow on my first recording).

Fingers crossed...

11. danok1

danok1 Cool Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I'll have her check the DTivo box tonight, and see what recorded there. It (DTivo) worked last week...hopefully it worked this week.

12. MrKlaatu

MrKlaatu Godfather

Mar 7, 2007
    Maybe the last national release gave the HR20 taste. :D

13. ctwilliams

ctwilliams Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    Same here....so that makes three of us in the same area with the same image for an hour and two minutes. Was that same image on for anyone not recording? It seems like there would have been many more complaints if that would have been the case

14. danok1

danok1 Cool Member

Oct 7, 2007
    hey, ct & erb, i checked the DTIvo; we got the entire episode. If it's a feed issue, it's only with the HD from the sat.

15. danok1

danok1 Cool Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Okay, just to bring this to a close...

The wife started the recording of "Big Shots" from last Thursday. It showed the same frame as our GA recording. She fast forwarded, and we eventually saw a D* slide that stated "Your local station is having difficulties with this program. We are working with them to resolve..."

As erb suspected, the problem was with the feed, not the HR20, and explains why only folk from Charlotte had the issue. Maybe the third time will be the charm for GA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.