1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04-Jun-08: Metro DC Weather Outage ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HouseBowlrz, Jun 4, 2008.

1. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Greetings ... we had three nasty thunderstorms with heavy winds. While it sounds like things have finally calmed down, I have no signal on any of my three boxes.

I suspect that the strong winds knocked the dish out of alignment and, after getting past the first level support guy who claimed weather was an issue, got a service appointment for Saturday evening (earliest available).

My signal strengths on the HD-DVR ...

Sat 101 ... 0 on all 32 transponders on tuner 1; 42 on transponder 18 of tuner 2, 0's everywhere else.
    Sat 110 ... N/A on but three transponders: 8, 10, 12; tuner 1: 60, 46, 53; tuner 2: 60, 47, 54.
    Sat 119 ... N/A on transponders 1-21; good signal strength (high 80's to 91) on seven of the eleven on tuner 1; same on tuner 2.
    Sat 103(c) ... N/A on transponders 15-32; 0 on all 14 for both tuners.

And, of course, I can't find the link to show which channels are on Sat 119. :mad:

Anyone else in metro DC having this problem tonight?

cheers

2. weaver6

weaver6 Icon

Nov 2, 2005
    I had outages during the storms, but everything was ok afterwards. It does sound like your dish was blown out of alignment, or you have water in the lines.

3. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I have tried this in the past when I had the same problem I unplugged the multiswitch for a few seconds and when plugged back in everything was fine.

Good Luck

4. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    If you have access to your dish check the LNB, sometimes whiz nutz an screws are forgotten allowing the LNB to become cocked at an unreceptive angle.

70-79, 400's.

5. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    That's what I feared ... no signal at all and it's a nice, clear morning.

We've been down this road a couple of times already with water in the line. The winds weer very powerful yesterday, it would not surprise me if the dish was out of alignment.

Unfortunately, the dish is on the roof, I live in a three-level townhouse and, being a "big man", won't even attempt to go on the roof.

Thanks everyone for the feedback ...