1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

0x66d update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by stang837, Mar 31, 2013.

1. stang837

stang837 New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Ok so here is the problem I am having since I got the new update on Wedneday night.

All the programs look like it was shot live, this is the case for recoreded and re runs and shows that are brand new. It is driving me crazy because it ruins everthing.

My set up is a hr24 in the main room and hd reciver in the bedroom.
    I checked the bedroom tv today and same thing is happening.

I have not touched any settings on either tv.

Was wondering if any one else has got this or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

2. philtec

philtec Cool Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Phila PA
    Did you try a reset on the receiver?

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    What does this ( bold text above ) mean ?

As already posted, I always do a reset when new software is installed, just like on my PCs.

4. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather DBSTalk Club

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Check what resolutions are checked under the video settings on your DVR. I had mine reset to 480i only when I received an update once, not this update but it's worth a look.

5. stang837

stang837 New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I have done a reset, and even pulled the cord.

I will try the the 480i setting, thanks.

Either this gets fixed somehow or after next Sunday, Direct TV will lose a 10 year customer.

6. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I don't blame ya, as Directv been having a history of SW issues, although to some customers. But as others said reset receiver twice btw to flush the guide data, and if you're still having issues try reauthorizing receiver via Directv My Account under "My Equipment".

7. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I haven't noticed a video problem with my HR-24 but I noticed that channels were changing slower on Thursday morning. I wondered what had happened since Wednesday when it was a lot faster. I checked the software version and noticed there was an update on Wednesday night. It's not as bad as it was last year but definitely slower changing channels than the day before. The H-25's still work fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps but no difference. Anyone else notice this?

8. rsoares28

rsoares28 New Member

Feb 12, 2013
    The "Live" comment has me thinking some LCD motion compensating setting. Or "soap opera effect" google it.

What brand TV do you have? Is it an LCD? Have you checked to see if by mistake the motion settings were enabled.

9. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Right on ^^^^^^ this sounds like a "motion blur" effect, aka 120 Hz

10. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I don't know how it could be the TV settings when it started right away on 2 separate TV sets and 2 separate receivers at the same time.

11. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I'm only noticing during recordings but any other time it performs normally.