1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Slimline,!HR20, Do I need the Multi-Switch?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by medic4jc7, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medic4jc7

medic4jc7 Guest

May 22, 2007
    Insataller came out and redid my set up. I removed the old 16' OTA antenna, and took down the old 3LNB dish. So I have a pole mount now. I have 2 solid copper dual lines from the dish to the back of the HR20-700. Do I need the multi-switch to hook up all four outputs on the slim line. Then leave the only 2 lines I need to the HR20 for the new HD channels?

P.S. Thank you to all of these years reading your posts and helpful info I have read.......:confused:

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    So you only have one HR-20 with two coax SAT feeds into it?
    The dish has two more outputs so you would only need an external multi-switch if you needed more than four feeds.

3. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Hi Medic,
    Since it appears you only have the one receiver, you do not need the multi-switch. The dish itself has a switch in it, allowing support for up to 4 tuners (like 2 HR-20s for instance). The 2 lines currently connected to your HR-20 are all you need, it appears, for your setup.

4. medic4jc7

medic4jc7 Guest

May 22, 2007
    Yep. Just a slimline with 2 cables and one HR20-700. I thought I read i needed the 4 outputs from the slim line to the two lines to the HR20. Thanks for all your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.