1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

1 tuner vs 2 tuner

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by djsaad1, Aug 12, 2010.

1. djsaad1

djsaad1 New Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I just got a free install in our new house. The installer put a slim dish up with one lnb and one cable into the house.

I noticed that each room in the house has a capability of hooking up 2 tuners to a cable box and there is another cable that runs into the house for that.

I only have two tv's in the house. Do I benefit at all by hooking up the other tuner to each dvr? I can already watch a show and record another at the same time.

Also would I need a dish with two lnbs to do this?

Thanks.

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    I think you have a SWM system.

3. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    If you can record a show and watch another, you are already using 2 tuners. The newest lnb's allow both tuners to be used over 1 cable. You are good to go.

4. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    You are already on two tuners as the others have said. You are good, nothing else to do.