1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

101W (SES-1) changes?

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by o-winton, Jan 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. o-winton

o-winton New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Over the past week, noticed that 101W went thru some changes. Several cable channels had unencrypted audio-only (including Fox News and Fox Business) and these have disappeared.

Anyone have info on where those channels went?

I am still able to get, on 101W, some "radio" channels like Radio Netherlands in several languages.

But I re-positioned my dish to 97W (my dish is not motorized) and the variety there is enough to satisfy my interest in FTA.

2. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    We had some good weather here last week, so I re-installed my Ku dish.
    I had trouble finding Galaxy-19 (bigger tree since last time, blocking it intermittently) and kept hitting SES-1. I was really surprised at how little was on there now. I kept looking back at my older print-out from Lyngsat, and wondering what I was actually pointed at.
    Not much there now.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    It's not a Stonehenge. :) I would compare satellite's streams as load of roads...