1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$120 off Bill for Internet thru Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by shendley, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I just got my regular e-mail from directv and it had an announcement of a deal where you get $120 off your bill if you subscribe to a high speed internet service through directv.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P4380082&CMP=EMC-MQ-OM&ATT=120-58-071217final&m=

It doesn't say who its "partners" are that you can subscribe to through them. And I guess this wouldn't be of interest to most of us on this site who already have a high speed internet connection (unless someone's thinking of bolting). But it could be a good deal for someone thinking of just subscribing.

2. kaminsco

kaminsco Guest

Nov 27, 2006
    What equipment is required? Does the existing dishes work or do you need a new one?

3. Ricka

Ricka AllStar

Aug 9, 2006
    *The $120 CASH BACK OFFER is not available from DIRECTV to customers activating AT&T DSL service in CT, IL, MI, IN, OH, WI, AR, KS, MO, OK, TX, CA, and NV. Offer ends 10/31/2007 and are based on approved credit.

I would guess that it is with AT&T for a DSL line and not using a dish.

The above was on the link posted.

4. convem24

convem24 Icon

Mar 11, 2007
    The internet bundling partners for Directv are Qwest and Verizon. Even if you are in a Verizon FIOS area you can press them to bundle existing DIRECTV service with high speed internet services from Verizon. I think SBC/AT@T customers can also but I think that arrangement is ending. Basically you get a discount for getting the telco internet service and DIRECTV service together. I have Qwest service bundled with my DIRECTV service and I get $5 off a month. I think the satellite internet partners give you $10 off a month (there is the $120 a year off).

5. medic4jc7

medic4jc7 Guest

May 22, 2007
    Offer ends.....10/31/2007
    Ended a month and hald ago......its 12/07

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    The email I got has the expiration date as 12/31/2007. So jump right on.

Personally, this is something that I can't take advantage of. AT&T is not my phone company. And what about people who don't have land lines. This is blatant discrimination. :)

7. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    Hmmmm. My area uses Bellsouth (now AT&T) but they used to deal with Dish. Wonder if they would apply here now. Ia m currently with cable phone and net (Knology).

8. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    You only get the offer if you are sign up for the internet service with a Directv Rep so if you have internet service already you aren't eligible

9. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    Catch 22 - If you have internet service already you aren't eligible. If you don't have internet service you won't get the e-mail or read about it here.:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    You know, maybe they're aiming explicitly at those folk who haven't upgraded from dial up. I remember hearing a news report on the radio recently where AT&T (I think it was them) was raising their dial up prices. Though the report didn't say so explicitly, I drew the inference that the main idea was to narrow the gap between dial up and dsl so much that more people are motivated to ante up the few more bucks to upgrade to dial up.

11. BkwSoft

BkwSoft Legend

Oct 18, 2007
    You don't need a land line in order to have DSL. I have Verizon DSL and have no land line voice service. You simply need to request DSL service on a "dry loop".

12. TomMac

TomMac Legend

Dec 22, 2006
    Unfortunately "Naked DSL" or so called dry loop is not available everywhere.

Yesterday's email from D* states the offer is good thru 12/31/2007. If you click on the link it states the offer is valid thru Oct 31st, 2007. Apparently they have not updated the web page.

Just for grins I checked availability in my are it is available thru Earthlink and is a slow DSL speed. 1.5 down and 128K up. Since I already have AT&T DSL-pro I did not go further in my research.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/globa...80082&CMP=EMC-MQ-OM&ATT=120-58-071217final&m=

The fine print: The $120 CASH BACK OFFER is not available from DIRECTV to customers activating AT&T DSL service in CT, IL, MI, IN, OH, WI, AR, KS, MO, OK, TX, CA, and NV. Offer ends 10/31/2007 and are based on approved credit. New customers only (lease required). Mail-in redemption may be required. Lease fee $4.99/mo. for second and each additional receiver. Programming, DVR and HD Access fee commitments required.

Subject to availability, service not available in all areas. Eligibility based on service address and phone line. Internet Service provided by a preferred DIRECTV provider and billed separately. Prices vary depending on provider and are subject to change. Internet service commitment apply. $10/mo. promotional price only available from select Internet Service Providers in certain areas. Separate appointment for Internet installation may be required. Equipment may be required and sold separately. Startup costs, taxes and other fees may apply. Computer system requirements vary by provider. Terms and conditions for selected Internet Service provider apply. High-Speed Broadband Internet bill credits will be applied to your DIRECTV bill. Bill credits will discontinue after 12 months. DIRECTV service commitment required.

:grin: :eek2: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.