1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$125 Directv rebate - Stephen Meredith?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jfalkingham, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Godfather

Dec 6, 2005
    Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a bit, but no need to post since I jumped ship for a cheaper deal last year.

Quick question - has anyone dealt with this guy:

Redacted

I contacted the guy, he answered the phone and gave me the details. I'm not pursuing this right now, but wanted to know what the community thought of the site and offer?

I'm not coming back to DIRECTV just yet, would they just please release TiVO?!?

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Sounds like he is just referring you. You get the $100 in bill credits, he sends you $25 via paypal or check, and he gets $100 in bill credits. That would be in line with what he has advertised, and would net him $75 in the end.

I have been thinking about doing this very same thing outside the best buy once school starts again and all the college students want to buy TVs they can't really afford :D

3. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Doesn't direct tv have a limit of 10 referrals over 12 months? How does he get around this?

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Why would you need get around it? 10 a year is $1,000. I dont know about anyone else here but that would cover most of my D* bill. Not all of it but a dang good chunk.

5. pappy97

pappy97 Icon

Nov 14, 2009
    I don't think it's just a referral. He claims (and testimonials to "prove") that he is paying people who do this 125 (not 25, read the site carefully) via paypal.

I haven't gone through his link, but I thought referrals had to be done with a special phone number and account number. He doesn't give either or instruct anyone to call the referral number. Also note the guy is openly in Canada. And as I pointed out, the math doesn't work if it's just a straight referral. He claims to get $225 via affiliate network for a sign up, I've never heard of this. Anyone ever heard of DirecTV paying any affiliate or something to that extent $225 for getting a customer??

I find this very strange.

6. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Well if I was going to make a big deal about this offer and create a website with 'quotes' from 'real people' and give out my phone number and everything else he is doing, I would think you would want a little more than $1,000 out of your work/time.

7. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    If you read down the page he seems to make a commission off everyone who signs up thru him or a website associated with him.

It could be legitimate. I personally wouldn't take the chance but I'm the skeptical type.

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    per DBSTalk policy .. no requests for referrals allowed. Sorry, the link (which I've removed) was simply one such request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.