1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

15 min jump or advance to end of recording?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by DWhite, Jun 2, 2008.

1. DWhite

DWhite Cool Member

Feb 28, 2003
    A buddy of mine has a Dish 942 that seems to be acting up a bit. He said hat when he is watching a recording and he fast forwards many times the recording will start to FF and then it will stop and it will kick him out and return him to the event screen.

Any ideas on how to correct that? How about a way to do a 15 min jump or even jump to the end of the program? Any way to reset the PVR. Kind of likes Tivos old Clear and Delete.

Thanks

2. BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit Cool Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I have had my 942 for about 3 years and I don't remember ever coming across this issue, though I don't ever remember trying to fast forward so far. I know pressing FF several times makes it so fast you will get to the end in no time.

I remember coming across a remote sequence recently that will reinitialize the HD and there is a button combination you can use when powering on, but I can't remember either of them. A search will probably find it. The sequence started with Menu, 6, 3 so you might start with that.

3. Jason Kragt

Jason Kragt Legend

Dec 19, 2002
    Is it a good recording? Is it a recording from an OTA channel with marginal signal? Was it recorded during a rain storm?

I have seen this type of behavior on recordings where the signal was lost intermittently.

4. DWhite

DWhite Cool Member

Feb 28, 2003
    It is a good recording. It happens on most of the recordings. Anything over an hour will usually bog down when FF and then just stop and take him back to the beginning option screen.
    He has rebooted the PVR hard and cold. Taken out the card and reinserted. I am wondering if there is a way to wipe the drive and start over again or do a clear and delete like on the Tivos.

5. BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit Cool Member

Feb 29, 2008