1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

18 x 20 Directv Triple LNB using in RV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by agentpease, Jan 21, 2014.

1. agentpease

agentpease New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Texas
    Hello everyone. We have Directv at home and I ordered a kit from Satellite Oasis to use in our RV. It's an 18 x20 Triple LNB for 101, 110, and 119. The receiver is an H24. It worked pretty good and was easy to set up (or so I thought) On our last trip out, the dish fell forward during a storm and landed on the LNB. It quit working and I've been unable to establish a connection since then. I took the dish home and disconnected a TV in the house and connected the RV dish to an H24 in the bedroom. I changed all the settings to reflect the new zip code and type of equipment. 18x20 with multiswitch and I'm, still not able to make a connection. We've checked the wiring to make sure the connections are tight, but nothing seems to work. There are no dings, or visible signs of damage to the LNB or to the dish. What would be the most likely cause of the problem I am describing? Are LNB's that delicate? I've ordered a replacement LNB. Should I replace all the wiring also?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I would definitely replace the LNB. Yep, they won't take being banged around like that.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Most likely is not the LNB but rather the LNB arm. you might need to replace the entire dish.