1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1FE fixed inaccurate channel banner

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by psweig, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psweig

psweig Hall Of Fame

Feb 4, 2006
    This has been bothering me for some time. But the channel banner on both the -100 and the -700 now shows the channel you have selected right away, instead of the channel you were on.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Since this is a now, national rolling out version.

Thread has been moved

3. cartrivision

cartrivision Hall Of Fame

Jul 25, 2007
    Bug is still there for me.

4. BK EH

BK EH Legend

Oct 3, 2005
    We don't have this new rev. yet on our Hundred nation box, but thank goodness this banner bug is fixed.

I could have sworn it did not exist before our last update a couple of months back. Glad to know I wasn't hallucinating.

5. BK EH

BK EH Legend

Oct 3, 2005
    As a follow up, I can report that this has not been fixed on our HR20-100 with the update last night. Even with another RBR.

Still the same: select new channel/existing channel banner pops up/new channel appears/new channel banner pops up. Most annoying. I'll post in the s/w sticky

6. TomF

TomF Icon

Sep 20, 2006
    I just tried it on my HR20-700 and my HR21. What happens is that the banner comes up with the new channel number but the program title of the current channel, then the program title changes.

7. BK EH

BK EH Legend

Oct 3, 2005
    Yes. That is what happens with mine.

Do you get a blank/black screen before the new channel shows, too? Or does it go directly to the new channel?

8. TomF

TomF Icon

Sep 20, 2006
    Yes, that happens first. So what happens is:
    1. Screen goes black
    2. Banner is displayed with new channel number but current channel program title
    3. Banner changes to show new channel program title
    4. New channel image appears

Just for reference/comparison, my HR10-250 TiVo does this in two steps:
    1. Screen goes black
    2. New channel image appears along with new channel program banner.
    At no time is the current channel banner shown. I didn't time the differences, but my impression is that the TiVo completed the process in half or just slightly less than half the time.

9. BK EH

BK EH Legend

Oct 3, 2005
    Are you sure? On mine it is this:
    1. Banner is displayed with new channel number but current channel program title and current channel image still there
    2. Screen goes black with channel banner
    3. Banner changes to show new channel program title while still on black screen
    4. New channel image appears with correct channel banner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.