1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st freeze up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gregftlaud, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    well....i've had my hr20 for 6 days now and experienced my first total freeze up of the unit. i was switching from a local hd channel to cnn.......as it turns out.....about the same time two recordings were about t begin. the screen went black and the unit would not respond. i had to unplug it and restart it. is this a common issue right now.........or maybe i screwed it up because it was about to start to record two shows at once right at the same time i changed the channel.

2. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    i did a search for "freeze" and have been reading thru various freezing up senarios and it seems like the one thing that the majority of the threads have in common is that a freeze up occurs right before something is about to start to record or right at the same time. anyone else notice this common theme?

3. Duffinator

Duffinator Legend

Oct 24, 2006
    Not sure what the problem is but even my HR10-250 TiVo unit froze up on occasion. I've had my first HR20-100 for six weeks now and only one RBR and that was right after a software update. My new two day old HR20-100 hasn't froze yet. I wouldn't panic just yet.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Greg, it won't be your last "freeze-up" :)

5. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    i'm pretty sure it had something to do with me changing channels right when two recording were supposed to start.

i recall many times on my hr10-250 the same thing happening when recordings were suppose to start and i would change channels it would freeze up. it would also freeze up if i canceled a recording from the to do list just as that recording was supposed to start. only difference between the hr10 and hr20-100 is that the hr10 would freeze for a minute and do it's own reboot.

6. Duffinator

Duffinator Legend

Oct 24, 2006
    Well I've had my first menu reset, or whatever we are calling it, on my two day old box. Some of the remote functions including the pause and rewind functions stopped working. But the list and menu functions still worked. :confused: Anyway, after the menu reset it's working fine again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.