DBSTalk Forum banner

2 HD DVR's work with MRV?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  sriggins 
#1 ·
Hey all, curious b/c I haven't seen this question posted upon searching. Is it possible to use MRV having 2 HD DVR's (HR24's)? Being able to watch recorded content on 2 HD DVR's (HR24's) from one location? Or can you just access 1 HD DVR (HR24) from an HD receiver (H24)?
Thanks

#4 ·
The only thing is that, at least for now, you can't remotely tell one dvr to record from the other. You can do that with a reciever only so if you want the 2nd box to record something you have to go to the dvr you want to do the recording to set it up.

#6 ·
I'm so geeked on MRV right now. My son has been bugging me for a DVR, but I just qualified for 2 free H24's, and already had 2 HR2x's. I told him he has free reign to record what he wants on the HR22 (it's in our home gym, and not used much) with his new H24.

Hooray for MRV....

Now if D* would just pick up my DMA for LiL, I would be very happy.

#9 ·
sriggins said:
If one were to have two HR24-500s let's say, could you then record 4 channels at once, and watch 2 things at once?
Or six if you had three. :lol:
Now there isn't a central place to set all of these up, so you need to go to each DVR to setup the recordings.
Each DVR will stream one recording to another receiver [but only one at a time].

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.