1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 HR24s. Can I set a series manager for box A using box B

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by StephenJC, Jul 17, 2012.

1. StephenJC

StephenJC Legend

Feb 26, 2012
    When I see something I want to record, can I use the DVR in my living room to set a series manager on the DVR in my bedroom, and vise versa? They are both HR24s with MRV.

2. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    No not yet, you can from an H series to a DVR series.

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    There are some smartphone apps that will allow you to do this.

Might not be as convenient, but you also don't have to be at home to use them. I was in a sandwich shop having lunch several months ago and they had an episode of Leverage on that I hadn't seen before. I couldn't stay to watch the whole show, so I used my android phone with the DirecTV app and set my home office DVR to start recording the rest of the show.

4. allenn

allenn Icon

Nov 19, 2005
    Georgia
    Sign in to your DirecTV.com account; select DirecTV Everywhere (tool bar); select "The Guide"; and schedule the program you want to record for either HR24. This will work from a PC, Android, iPhone, or other such device. Best wishes!

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    As others have pointed out, no you can't do what you want. The other methods point out how to accomplish it though and work fairly well. I do it with my iPad quite often.

The downside is that you can't see the series or recordings you have upcoming on they 'other' HR, nor from the apps or online. That is one reason I am going to be negotiating an HR34 as a replacement for 2 of my HR24s that are located at the same spot.