1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 recievers problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by alex36, Jul 18, 2011.

1. alex36

alex36 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hi I have 4 recievers connected to a 16swm and everything worked fine for a while. I upgraded to the 16 swm myself. 1 reciever is getting a error code 14 and the other reciever is getting stuck at performing reciever self check. If I hit the power button it goes to checking settings from satellite and freezes again. It goes through to the end after a few hours. This is a refurb that I just recieved 4 days ago from directv. Directv management said a tech has to come and check the wiring because 2 recievers failed at the same time. I know its not a wiring issue but what shoud i expect when the tech shows? Prob just new boxes.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I assume that there is a SWM splitter being used. So try bypassing it and connect the problem unit directly to the SWM16.

3. satguy801

satguy801 New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sounds like the SWM signal is not getting back to the head, check all the passives in line.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Read up on your error codes:
    On Screen Text: “Internal Storage Error Detected. A problem was detected reading your internal storage device. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-DIRECTV and report the diagnostic code displayed below. Diagnostic Code: 14” }

What to do: Select "Reboot" to reset Receiver. If still a problem: Do NOT try to reformat from the front panel. Replace Receiver.