1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

2 Remotes work 1 HR20?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by CHDinCT, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHDinCT

CHDinCT AllStar

Dec 23, 2006
    I'm sure this can be done, but I don't know how. I have two TVs hooked up to my HR20, my main HDTV and a second 13" set on an ajoining porch which is fed via an old VCR (HR20 > VCR > TV set). I also happen to have an extra remote for my upstairs H20.

What I want to do is use the extra H20 remote to operate the small 13" TV AND the HR20, while leaving my original HR20 remote to operate the box and my HDTV. I've already coded the extra remote to work the 13" TV, but I can't figure out how to set it up to work the DVR also. Is there a code sequence for the HR20 itself somewhere? Thanks in advance.

2. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
  3. CHDinCT

CHDinCT AllStar

Dec 23, 2006
    Thanks. Was able to set up the second remote with the 0001 code set to operate the HR20 (via RF) from the porch. Makes for some interesting potential practical jokes. I'm suddenly feeling an urge to mess with my wife's head :hurah:

4. tfederov

tfederov DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    Do that at your own risk! It was funny till I was busted.....:grin:

5. CHDinCT

CHDinCT AllStar

Dec 23, 2006
    Ahh, the price a man will pay for a few laughs - the practical joking starts tonight! Will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to figure it out. :lol:

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Plan you get used to staying on the couch. :hurah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.