1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20% added to available space?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Justin23, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I have had my available space on my HR22-100 at around 31%-35% lately. When I woke up this morning, I noticed my receiver was powered on and the available space was now at 51%, which was strange. I checked to see if anything was accidently deleted, but everything was still there. Any ideas?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    After a few of the recent firmware upgrades on the HRx series units, the %free indicator startd reporting less then what was actually available on the hard drive. A simple reboot of the receiver solved the problem and once again accurately depicts the free space amount remaining.

I assume you had a power surge or your receiver simply reset which in most cases is unwanted by users; however in this case was an actual benefit for you.:grin:

3. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!:icon_da:

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    There were a few releases (none real recent) where a program might have a runaway recording. Any chance that you deleted a long ago recorded show in the last day or two? It might have been taking up this space. Other option is the issue noted above, but seems odd that it would "fix" itself on the NR in this manner.

Now as for "my receiver was powered on?" Do you remove the power from your DVR @ night?

5. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I have my TV programmed into my D* remote, so when I push the "Power Off" button, it powers down both my TV & receiver.

When I checked the % available last night it was at 31%. Nothing recorded or was deleted between last night and this morning.

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Gotcha .. Still seems odd, though. Re: "Power Off" it seems you mean put it in standby vs. removing power from the system. That makes sense as well. Thx.

7. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I just asked my girlfriend & she said a few weeks ago she saw the available space drop to 18% one night after it was at about 38%...so maybe if the receiver reset that fixed an error.