1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

2010 CES Show notes

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FTA Michael, Jan 7, 2010.

1. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
    Hi everybody!

When the CES folks let us regular people onto the show floor at 10 PST, I hurried to the Dish booth. (Listed on the show map as Sling Media / Dish Network.) The well-staffed booth is displaying their latest products, which look a lot like their upcoming products last year. Included are the ViP 922 HD DuoDVR(tm) with TV Everywhere(tm), an HDTV Multi-Room Extender, and a WiFi monitor, as well as the usual suspects.

If I get to XStream today, I'll add a note from there later.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    FTA Michael was kind enough to send some pictures:

HDTV Multi-Room Extender:
    [​IMG]

VIP922 DVR:
    [​IMG]

Wi-Fi Monitor:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. FTA Michael

Jul 21, 2002
    Just so you know, my photo uploader must have hiccupped, because that Optelian beastie was _not_ part of the Dish booth. Stuart or Chris can feel free to take that one out, then delete this correction.

But I did get Stan Lee to autograph my first Amazing Spider-Man (#64) that I bought as a kid. It's got nothing to do with satellite entertainment, but I'm telling everyone! :D

4. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    CES, is one thing. Meeting Stan Lee and getting him to autograph a issue of any of his comic's is extremely EXCITING. I would make sure everybody new too. TOO COOL

5. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    That's great - TWO HD outputs instead of the current 1 that the 722 offers. Now WHEN will it be released and what are the details for existing customers?

6. fryguy503

fryguy503 Legend

Sep 3, 2009
    The 922 does NOT have two HD outputs by default, it only comes with TV1 HD output at least with the current test model. You may be able to use the new Sling device to make a 2nd, but I have yet to see it in action. But i wanted to make sure people realize that by default the 922 will not include 2 hd/tv solution.

*note* This may change of course before it releases.... when

7. FTA Michael

Jul 21, 2002
    Thanks for understanding. Here's a pic of me and my new best friend. But really, hasn't he worn the same sweater for at least 10 years now?

Attached Files:

8. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I've compiled my notes and pictures on a new web page at EKB: CES 2010 Coverage. I never claimed to be fast ;), but some of this I've already posted to various threads during and after the show.

I considered staying part of Sunday but by then it was really hurting my feet to walk anymore.