1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 MLS Direct Kick Info

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by phillyunion, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. phillyunion

phillyunion New Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Anyone know when the 2011 Major League Soccer Direct Kick will be out?

2. Chandu

Chandu Hall Of Fame

Oct 2, 2005
    Don't have an official answer for you. They just finalized the schedule only few days ago. I would say reasonably, give it at least 1 more week for them to work with all local channels and content providers.

3. dhines

dhines Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    i have subscribed to this package for the past few years . . . but i don't recall what i paid. i am thinking $69 or $79. anyone remember the price from last year? was anyone able to get it at a discount (like some of us can with the NFL package)?

4. russinpa

russinpa AllStar

Aug 11, 2010
    Directv's early bird price in 2010 was $79.

5. phillyunion

phillyunion New Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Just wondering if I am in the Philadelphia area I would get all Philly Union games on Direct Kick they would not be blacked out correct?:

6. russinpa

russinpa AllStar

Aug 11, 2010
    They were NOT blacked out last year.

I live in the Philly DMA and I had all Union games available to me on either Direct Kick or one of the national channels.

The majority of the Direct Kick games were the other team's broadcast.

7. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    I had to get Direct Kick last year because of Directv not carrying LiveWell HD. The only time I got blacked out was when a game was scheduled for ABC (which is always blacked out) and the morning of game day they switched it to LiveWell for a Little League WS game! The guide still showed the game on abc so I was SOL. Other than that, you'll be good to go!

8. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
    i wonder if or how long before union strike a deal with CSN / TCN

9. la24philly

la24philly Hall Of Fame

Mar 8, 2010
  10. FramundaCheeze

FramundaCheeze Legend

Jun 9, 2004
    Thats from last season.... ABC carried the games as long as nothing else was on. But honestly, with most of the games being on Friday and Saturday night, don't expect many games to make it ABC. Looks like I'll have to get Direct Kick again just to get those LiveWell games. Or hopefully most of them will be the games I have tickets for :D I have 10 this season!!