1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

2013 - 2014 NFL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by JACKIEGAGA, Apr 17, 2013.

1. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    With the release of the NFL schedule tomorrow and the draft next week, we can discuss all NFL things here.

1. Maybe little trash talk but keep it respectful.
    2. As long as the thread is friendly the Mods will keep it open.

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    The Cowboys will Suck
    The Lions will Suck

That is all.

3. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    4/18/13 channel 212 NFL Network 8pm est Schedule Release '13 show

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I just can't wrap my head around the NFL this early... I mostly ignore the draft and all the summer trades and stuff if I can. My ears don't perk up until the first exhibition games, and really doesn't kick in until the official start of the season.

I do the same for the NBA too, for that matter... don't care and tune out in the off-season... but love when the next season gets started.

5. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I bleed Green & Gold... Packers fan for 30+ years... :)

6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I float around. I am a Panthers fan... but they haven't given us a lot to root for in a while.

I follow football differently since before NC got their team, there was no clear choice to root for... so I gravitated towards personalities that I liked. I was a 49ers fan with Joe Montana and Steve Young. I became a Chiefs fan for a bit when Joe went there. I was a Eagles fan when they had Randall Cunningham and much of the McNabb early years.

I liked the Aikman/Irvin/Smith Cowboys... but kind of soured on them when Jerry Jones "helped" Jimmy Johnson out of town. I liked Tampa until they kicked Tony Dungy to the curb... and then I became a Colts fan for a while. I rooted for the Patriots that first championship... then they beat my Panthers that year and I sort of fell away from the Patriots.

I don't just clamp onto the teams that win, as you can see... many of the teams I jumped to (Chiefs, Eagles, Colts for quite a while, etc.) didn't win the big game even if they got to it. Oh, and I became a Bills fan during their 4-consecutive trips to the Super Bowl. I was a Cowboys fan at first... but once they got theirs... and the Bills kept going back again and again, I really wanted them to win. It is still such a shame that outside of Buffalo that team is considered by a lot of people to be a failure... but they should be one of the good stories of the NFL modern era. Nobody else has gone that many times in a row, win or lose.

7. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    No one's perfect. :raspberry

8. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I've been with the Patriots since the days of Plunkett and Sam "Bam" Cunningham. Going through those dreadful 1-15, 2-14 seasons... Having your coach quit before a playoff game... Having your star wide receiver cut himself up with a knife before your first Super Bowl appearance... They've come a long way.

But it was Broadway Joe who got me into liking football in the first place when I lived in New York and latched onto the Jets for a few years. Not a Jets fan now, but I have fond memories of the team they were back then.

9. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    Patriots fan here also. I actually didn't get into football until later in life (from Kentucky originally, so basketball since I was a kid ofc). I moved to WV when I was younger. So when it came time to choose an NFL team to root for, I chose the Patriots because of Troy Brown, as he went to the college around my area, Marshall. :) Been one ever since.

10. Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56 Godfather

Nov 9, 2006
    I'd say the Jets got a pretty good deal. Strange contract terms. Nothing guaranteed, essentially a one year deal with multiple team options in subsequent seasons. No risk for TB either it seems. Pretty fair deal, I suppose.

11. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    1 hour and 15 minutes to the Draft

12. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I see the Jets are stockpiling QB's

13. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Let the games begin!

14. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    What a hurting the Broncos put on the Ravens

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using DBSTalk mobile app

15. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Got that right. Wow.
    On a side note: GO COLTS!!!! Can't wait to see Luck in his second year.

16. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    There was a pretty unique display of how to convert a 4th and 1 on your own side of the field! :)