1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

211k check switch stays on 1 of 1

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by john payne, Jan 7, 2013.

1. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    I have a unusual problem I have yet to encounter. Looking for guidance on what part is bad.

I have a customer that is trying to install a 211k and 1000.4 dish himself.

He had a Directv dish already installed there and there are no line of sight issues.

He is using a meter to align the dish, but alignment is not the problem.

When he runs a check switch the 211k stays on testing 1 of 1 and never moves from there. He is taking the signal meter out of the line before running the test. He has left the receiver on the testing 1 of 1 screen for hours with no change.

Even if it wasn't pointed it would do a 4 count check switch, and if it was a bad connection or cabeling problem it would be a 38 count test.

I'm guessing it's a bad receiver. What do ya'll think?

2. davejacobson

davejacobson Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Has he rebooted the reciever and tried again. I have run into that on the 211

3. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    sorry i forgot to include that. yes, he has rebooted.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    try to measure voltage at 211k coax sat input; 1st w/out coax, then with a load [LNBF 1k4]

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    What D* system is being replaced? Are there any D* components left in line?

6. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    it was replacing a d12 on a 3lnb dish that was working fine.

7. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    The only connection in the line is at the ground block. To eliminate any possible line issue a temporary line was ran up to the dish. The problem still occured, so its not a cabeling issue

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    what voltage you measured ?