1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

211k receiver

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by mwdxer, Aug 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have a 211k receiver and our OTA PBS translator runs their main channel plus two sub channels. Their 3rd channel (2nd sub) runs three streams of audio (1) NPR News (2) NPR Music and (3) KMHD Jazz. With the OTA tuner in the TV, I can toggle between all three of these audio services. Can I do that with the 211k receiver? I have never found a way to switch from the NPR News sub channel over to the other ones. Thanks.

Patrick

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Nope. What you're talking about is MTS.

DISH doesn't support MTS beyond the scope of SAP (where only alternate languages are supported). Any of this stuff gets lost in the transcoding to MPEG4 I'd imagine.

3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Where do I find SAP on the 211k? One digital OTA tuner I have carries all of the audio services under SAP. I have never even found SAP with the 211k receiver menu.
    Thanks.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That is the problem. DISH allows the selection of languages, not SAP channels. As all the audio feeds on your channel 28-03 (if I understand the station correctly) are marked as "English" DISH doesn't allow you to select "Spanish" or another language to get the SAP feed (although, it is worth a shot). You may be able to get something different by selecting "Alternate" audio in the audio settings on your receiver.

5. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    The channel is:

KOPB 10.1 PBS
    KOPB 10.2 OPB+
    KOPB 10.3 NPR News
    KOPB 10.3 NPR Music
    KOPB 10.3 KMHD (Jazz)

I'll try the alternate language on the channel, but I presume whatever language I pick will be the same on all channels. I might be interesting to try though.
    Thanks.

6. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    On my TV, Chan 8.4 has two PBS audio feeds. I note on my TV that the second feed says it is "French". When I go to the 211k and select "French" I get the second audio feed.

Simply go to "Preferences", "Alternate Audio" and choose other languages. Don't just stop on Spanish. Also, try it with your TV tuner and notice what it displays for the alternate audio channels. Also, make sure you click on "Done". The audio doesn't change until you do so.

7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Thanks. I will try that. There are a lot of alternate languages listed there. I tried last night, but did not hit Done, so that may be why it did not work.