1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

211k switching power supply problem

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by geminidpr, Sep 17, 2012.

1. geminidpr

geminidpr New Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I'm getting 168 volts at 2sk3520 but no voltage after the x-former. I replaced a bloated 1000mf at 10volts in the secondary and thought the unit would fire up but it didn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

2. geminidpr

geminidpr New Member

Sep 17, 2012
    A schematic diagram of the power supply will help. Thanx.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Should have swapped the receiver through DISH before you tore into it. Now you could try searching on ebay for a nonworking "for parts only" leased receiver that is being sold cheaply. Use that as a source of parts until you find the actual bad parts that you need.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Or just get a grasp a concept of switching supply and you'll be 'independent' of particular implementation.

5. geminidpr

geminidpr New Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I replaced the 2sk3520 and it fired up. Thanx 4 ur help guys.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    MOSFET. What was its position of silk screen ?