1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24/7 HD RSN Discussion: Sun Sports

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Stuart Sweet, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    This is the discussion thread for the Sun Sports RSN going full-time. Please log all issues, indulge in gleeful exhortations, and give your suggestions for more or better coverage!

2. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    This has been confirmed active, 8/14

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Nothing in HD yet, nor anything listed as HD in the guide for the rest of the day, but at least it's not stretch-o-vision.

The baseball score program actually looked good for 4:3 SD.

4. b00stedeg

b00stedeg Legend

May 9, 2007
    Does anyone know why FSN FL wasnt added as a 24/7 hd channel today also? I thought it was supposed to be. Until basketball season FSN FL is really the only fl sports channel with hd content

5. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    FSN Florida will come along when DIRECTV is ready for it. They just aren't yet. The early list said it would be there, but you know... it is what it is.

6. d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    It was listed as one of the ones as a roll out today, but I mentioned in another thread that I currently recieve FSN Florida HD fulltime through Comcast cable, and with the exception of about an hour prior to an HD game and about an hour afterwards its just an FSN Florida HD screen saver, so I dont actually think this channel is broadcasting "fulltime" in HD yet.

7. b00stedeg

b00stedeg Legend

May 9, 2007
    Yes, but with a lot of the Rays games not being broadcast in HD, I'd love to have them upconverted on an hd feed which isn't available to us right now because its a game only channel. Sun Sports on the other hand has no pro sports at all until basketball/hockey season with the exception of a few marlins games here and there.

8. flipper2006

flipper2006 Godfather

Oct 2, 2006
    This means the HEAT games will be HD (when in). but more importantly.. when the event ends, you dont need to run to change the channel to prevent any kind of screen burn (with the white/blue logo screen) after the games end.