1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 Hours and very happy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tarooka, Feb 24, 2009.

1. tarooka

tarooka New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Yesterday my system went "online" and I couldn't be happier. I switched from Comcast due to rising expenses and spotty HD quality.

I was pleasantly surprised to find my HD reception noticibly better; the picture seems much sharper. I am not sure if, I was penalized by the the older cable runs, tired DVR or what, but I am happy.

Tried to shut off cable, but Comcast wanted to raise my high speed internet from $43 to $59. However, if I retained Basic cable the price would be $54 for both. I will eventaully switch to AT&T DSL for $35.

I think when all of the teaser rates disappear I will still be saving around $40 a month.

2. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Welcome aboard and enjoy!

I've had D* since 1994 and have been very, very pleased. They ain't perfect, but in the balance, do rather nicely.

Lots of development going on with new features and new products. [Mod note: somethings can't be discussed in open forums...]

3. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    :welcome_s to DBSTalk and to DirecTv, I've been with them 'since 2000 they're great!

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Welcome! tarooka .. I've been Comcast free since '03 .. and I've got no intention of going back :) DSL works just fine for me and I really hated the "gotta keep cable" penalty they charge for their Internet .. not to mention that their Acceptable Use Policy didn't fit my use model.

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    untill you change, At least with the basic cable, You could use it for picture in picture and most likely you will get a greater number of your (real Local) channels as in more than D* will spot beam at you.

Welcome to D* ,I just got comcrap HSI (blast) interent only (250gig FAP a month) and the HDdvrs are burring up the internet with VOD, untill they FAP me :)

I'm not complaining about comcast, right now I'm damn happy to have it, just got off Hughes (only hSI-(SAME AS) dial-up (Satelite) that was around --NO DOWNLOADING FOR YOU!!! 139mb per 24hrs exced that and your internet is cutoff for 24hrs. :mad:

6. Matman

Matman Legend

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome! Comcast Free since 2007, couldn't be happier! Once you get used to the D* DVR's, when you go to a friends with cable, you will feel like you went back in time 20 years!!!

7. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Welcome tarooka! :welcome_s

I lived on Alameda for a few months. Loved it, tho the lots are too small. :)

I hope you thoroughly enjoy the DIRECTV experience and even more so the DBStalk experience. Keep coming, we're here to help and have fun.

Cheers,
    Tom