1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"24" In The Fall

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by finaldiet, Jun 15, 2008.

1. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    Just read that new episodes of "24" will be premiering 11/23.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    As far as I know that is only the 2 hour special they are doing. The new season will not start until January.

3. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    That's correct... it is just one two-hour special. The new season will start in January.

4. bdowell

bdowell Icon

Mar 4, 2003
    Yawn.

Seriously... after last season of 24 someone would have to pay me a pile of money to get me to watch the show again. I liked earlier seasons, even though a few of them had fits and starts along the way, but last year was totally over the shark, full leather jacket, jaws music playing in the background....

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Well, last season didn't happen :) .. But I do think that was actually good for "24" - a forced hiatus. It did seem like they were going through the motions last time around. The intensity just wasn't there. Hopefully next January will bring better momentum.

6. SAlBO

SAlBO Icon

Jan 6, 2007
    let's hope so. As a relatively new convert, last year wasnt as good as the year before which was my first season

7. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have mixed feelings, but I wonder if 24 would do better without Jack Bauer .. Obviously there'd still have to be a "super-dude" but would the show be more fresh without Jack? On the other hand, what would 24 be without Jack?

8. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    +1. Loved earlier seasons but last season jumped the shark for me.

9. bdowell

bdowell Icon

Mar 4, 2003
    Actually I think you're on to something there, but then again the problem isn't just that they keep using the same hero, they also somewhat keep going back for the same big bad.

Seriously they need to keep the plots simple enough yet still thrilling and exciting. The bad guys have to be believable, with believable motivations and desired outcomes, etc. And they need to have it be realistic enough to have viewers able to buy into the idea that it's all happening over a 24 hour day.

I know it's not easy, but last season was just sooooooo bad that I've decided I'm done with the show no matter what happens this season.

10. Old Tv Watcher

Old Tv Watcher Legend

Dec 22, 2007
    I think "24" has"seen it's day" I don't think it will return after the next season.
    It was fun while it lasted.

11. rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    This was my favorite show on television but it did suffer in the last installment. I was really looking forward to watching this years 24 with my new HDTV but then they cancelled it till next year which may be a good thing. Maybe they will come up with a better story line than the previous one. My shrink agrees with me!:)

12. pablo

pablo Icon

Oct 11, 2007
    Why couldn't they show it around August-September or so? The point was to make the wait a bit more bearable, but the season will start a month later, so I don't see the point.

13. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    Ratings, and therefore ad revenues, are better in November.

14. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Actually, the new season won't start until January. They only had a small portion of the shows in the can when production stopped. I don't believe they are doing production now, and it's conceivable that they drop those episodes and rewrite the whole thing .. Might be necessary if some of the actors simply go "missing" due to other commitments.

15. too hip

too hip Mentor

Aug 8, 2007

Fox has ordered 2 more seasons extending it through the 2009-2010 TV season.

16. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Fox won't air the season until late January or early February. The idea is that they want to air all 24 episodes straight through without repeats. They will probably double-up a couple of the episodes and also do the back-to-back night airings as well so it won't actually be 24 weeks of episodes.

- Merg

17. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I didnt get that at all. I've watched since hour one of season one and they have all been good. I said this in the movie threads too, I dont go into something looking for something profound or so totally thought provoking that when it isnt Im dissappointed. I just watch some things for the pure entertainment value. If I want profound or thought provoking I'll turn the tv or movie off and interact with a person. And in no way bdowell am I trying to say that your opinion of the show is wrong. You feel one way and I feel another.