1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

24 Live Another Day--Ratings?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Church AV Guy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Now that 24 (Day 9) has completed its 12 episode run, is there any word on the ratings for the compressed-season of the show, and its chances for renewal? I really liked it, and would love to see another short season sometime. Others think that maybe there will be a movie or two. Were the ratings high enough to justify further excursions into the 24 universe?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Eight million viewers for the first night's two hours, between five and seven for the next few hours. The finale was 6.47 million (about the same as hour three with all of the intervening hours lower). We were promised a movie or more when the regular 24 show seasons ended. Perhaps another short season would work, perhaps not.

As for the show, I expected more than one gap in the timeline. Not just one giant leap at the end.

There was an opportunity for the PM to make a grand statement that was missed. "I will remember Audrey." Instead we were left with the awkward stare and sadness. It was a big letdown.

The writers did set us up for the next series ... but will it be made? Only if it makes financial sense.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We just watched the whole series and it was great! After it was over, I said, "Suppose that was the worst TV show ever made? What would the rest of them be like?" We found it riveting and very enjoyable. Never fell asleep once during that binge.

Rich

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Yes I loved it. I hope they do another.

5. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I hadn't watched since the second season or so, liked it a lot.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Truly amazing what they can do with the proper casting and writing. This is easily the best network show I've seen this year.

Rich