1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

2nd Directv Reciever Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sandiegobrady, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandiegobrady

sandiegobrady New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Hopefully someone can answer this. I have a total of 3 boxes on my account. One of the boxes I ocassionally take with me to my 2nd home in another city... for the past 3 years works perfect no problems. I get everything now except my local channels (little rock, ar) I called directv (they never ask me where the box is) and test it... restart the card..... had me reset the reciever all that stuff still with no luck. They recommend me buy a new reciever. Does anyone have any advice of what to do or is there a way they reciever (rca d10) will not work out of the city?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Southern Cal... and Little Rock...

The problem is the signal for Little Rock, doesn't make it to Southern Cal.
    DirecTV uses spot beam technology... so Little Rock can only be recived for somethign like a 400 mile radius (maybe even smaller) around the targeted area.

They may have recently moved the Little Rock's too a spot beam method, if it has been working all this time.

Nothing you would be able to do about it.

3. sandiegobrady

sandiegobrady New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    I looked up that little rock is not on spot beam its on transponder 25 on the 119. If thats the case any Idea... I have no clue about any of this.

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Hmm... When did you look it up?

Just curious.

Other then that... have you checked your signal strength on the 119 dish at your second location?

5. sandiegobrady

sandiegobrady New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Yes its currently around 88... seems to be the best i can get.. and thats on transponder 25. Looked up transponder info yesterday

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I thought all of the locals on 119 were on spot beams. Just about all of the locals anyplace are on spot beams. Very recently, DirecTV has moved some locals that were on nation-wide feed over to spot beams, and that may be what has happened to you.

If the locals are in fact on a spot beam, then there is no way you will be able to get them other than a separate account with local channels in the applicable city.

Carl

7. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    According to this source Little Rock stations are on a spot. This doesn't show the transponders but does show spot beam. That ain't gonna make it to Southern CA. But it's just another source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.