1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

2nd Dish--Switch Options

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DRJDAN, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRJDAN

DRJDAN Legend/Supporter

Apr 28, 2002
    DishNetwork is coming out Monday to add a second dish (free due to additonal local channels on 3rd Sat). I currenly have a Dish 500 with two duals and a SW44 switch feeding 4 receivers.

Will they just replace the SW44 with a SW64?

Are there other options?

Is one option better than the other?

2. MediaMills

MediaMills AllStar/Supporter

Jul 4, 2002
    Probably, unless you are only running two receivers. Then they might try to swap out your duals for a Twin and use SW21s to connect the second dish. If they try that, I wouldn't let them. With the 721 on it's way, I think the SW44 will become as scarce as the SW64 has.

3. DRJDAN

DRJDAN Legend/Supporter

Apr 28, 2002
    I am currently running 4 receivers.

4. spartanrob

spartanrob AllStar

Apr 19, 2002
    When they installed my 2nd dish (I have 4 receivers) they used the following setup:

DP34-500 w/3 inputs
    Port 1: DP Twin-2 - 110
    Port 2: DP Twin-1 - 119
    Port 3: DP Single - 61.5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.