1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd HD DVR Recording Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DoubleO, Aug 16, 2010.

1. DoubleO

DoubleO New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Hello,

I have the following DTV receivers:

HD-DVR DIRECTV HR20-700
    HD DIRECTV H21-200
    Standard DIRECTV D12-300
    Standard DIRECTV D12-100
    Standard DIRECTV D12-100
    HD-DVR DIRECTV HR21-100

I'm not able to watch live TV while recording a program at the same time with the HR21-100. This is a new receiver that we began using in July. The HR20-700 has always been able to record and watch live TV at the same time since we started with DTV in Jan. 2010. I have a Slimline dish with a SWiM (not sure what exactly it means or how it all works). Anybody know why I can't record and watch live TV with the HR21-100? I receive a message stating: "In order to tune to ---, you must stopone of the activities below> Stop Recording or Cancel Request." Is it not possible with two HD-DVR receivers? Any help would be grateful.

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...

Rerun the satellite setup on that receiver and make sure you have both of the following selected:
    • the correct swm lnb type
    • dual tuner mode selected (you probably only have single tuner selected)

3. DoubleO

DoubleO New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Thanks. Please explain what you mean by rerun satellite setup. Does this mean I need to reset under system setup?

4. DoubleO

DoubleO New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Never mind. I believe I figured it out using your advice. Thanks again Yoda