1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

3 months free premiums is almost up?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by JohnBoy, Oct 12, 2013.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I signed up in mid July and my package included free NFL ST and 3 months free premiums.

Does the free premiums automatically come off after the three months or do I need to call to cancel?

Could I cancel online?

As soon as I cancel it I plan to add the Xtra HD pack for 3 months free so I can see some movies,you guys have taught me well.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    You have to do it

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You won't be able to cancel online. You'll need to call DirecTV.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And make a note on your calendar before the 2014 NFL season if you dont want Sunday Ticket. Once the season starts, you can't cancel.

5. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    When you call, ask if there are any other promos you can get. You might be able to keep one or two premiums for a little longer, or get a good discount. Can't hurt to ask.

6. inhd40

inhd40 Mentor

Jan 26, 2013
    When you call to cancel make sure they cancel it right away. Don't let them tell you they can cancel it at midnight on the day it expires. I called two days prior and the CSR lied and told me he could do exactly that. Of course it was still there and I had to pay for an extra day. The CSR I got the second time was foreign and hard to understand and I tried explaining the situation to get the charge removed and he kept trying to tell me I wouldn't be charged and I finally gave up.

7. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    FYI you are able to change your base package, add or remove HD Extra Pack, add or remove Protection Plan, add [but not remove] sports subscriptions (ST, LP, CI etc) and add [but not remove] premium movies through your online account. International channels can also be added online but I'm not sure if you can remove those without calling.

Don't be surprised when you call to cancel that they do not try to get you to keep at least some of the premiums (possibly offering you one of the special offers listed here), because when you tell the automated system why your calling you will be sent to the Premium Save Team (PST).

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I'am a sports junkie,so I plan on keeping NFL ST and getting MLB Xtra innings in march too (What is the early bird special btw).

Geez! it sound like I need to hire a special attorney just to get my premiums taken off.

9. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    DirecTV does not make difficult the removal of premiums, they just like to make you aware of the importance on keeping them... :righton:

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Based on your avatar, I figured, but just wanted to be sure :)

11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Brown Noser :grin: