1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? 3 recording options ????

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by crenita, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crenita

crenita New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I noticed something a few days ago that when recording a show on #1 and #2 at the same time , that if I go back to #1 I can switch stations and watch a third show LIVE ? I thought I was seeing things but tried it a number of times and it continues..
    Now I scheduled some shows for recording later this week and usually a get a Conflict notice when I have 3 shows set up I now see that it states recording 2 events on #! and one event for #2 ...... what is going on ???
    Has this been available all along I am not aware of it ???????????

2. gsarjeant

gsarjeant AllStar

Sep 15, 2006
    Yes, with limitations. You can record an OTA show and a satellite show simultaneously on output 1 (one on the OTA tuner, one on SAT tuner 1), and a second satellite show on output 2 (on SAT tuner 2).

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    The sat tuner 1 and the OTA tuner both show the green 1. They should have used something different for the OTA tuner but for some reason it looks the same as sat tuner 1. So, you can record something on the sat tuner 1 and still watch an OTA program, or record something on the OTA tuner and watch something on the sat tuner 1. But, you can not record something and watch something different live using the same tuner.

4. normang

normang Icon

Nov 14, 2002
    It would be nice if the 1 & 2 recording icons could say something else if your recording an OTA channel not a SAT channel.. Tuner "3" would work...

5. DeputyDawg

DeputyDawg Cool Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Is there a way (I thought I read it somewhere on here) that the OTA feed can be migrated into the EPG so you can schedule those to record??

Thanks

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    To get EPG information, you must subscribe to your locals. Otherwise, OTA channels display as "Digital Service". You can still record by setting up manual timers but it's kind of a pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.