1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

30 day old unit, tuner 1 now dead

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bto4wd, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bto4wd

bto4wd Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Apr 17, 2007
    Well my HR20s just past their one month birthday and overnight one lost Tuner #1.

Woke up this morning unit was on. I place them in Stand By every night. I take a look and it's Acquiring Guide Data. System test and SAT signal strength show nothing on Tuner #1, Tuner #2 fine. Swap feeds, still the same. Remove BBCs, still the same. Menu reset still the same. Unplug for a while, still the same.

Looks like I'll have to change my vote in the "Have you returned your HR20 poll". Maybe those figures aren't that far off.

However, to top it all off, MyPlaylist is there but when playing anything I get no video. Audio is they and playing fine but no video. Trickplay seems to be working according to the audio. I thought even without Tuner 1 I could still watch recorded programs. Is this not true?

2. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    If you are going to lose your recordings and settings anyway, you could try a total system reset as a last resort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.