1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

30SKIP and 30SLIP

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Beagle804, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Beagle804

Beagle804 Cool Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Enabling the 30SKIP for me is awesome. I knew as soon as I had the Genie installed that I wasn't liking the default operation with a 30 second fast forward. I guess this comes from too many hockey games where the TV timeout is always exactly the same length :) I would almost consider the 30SKIP search an eater egg of sorts. Likewise, I haven't been able to find anything with the RC71 long press options listed anywhere. Are these the only "hidden" commands available within the firmware? If not, is there a listing posted somewhere with all that is available?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That's about the only keyword code left. There used to be quite a few but they've all moved into being mainstream features.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's not a keyword search type thing, but some would consider boolean searches to be an easter egg, I don't think it's in the manual.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    That's true and it's a biggie. You can follow te link in my signature to find info on that under auto records and such.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I was coming back to link to it, but got sidetracked :)

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You need to make the "go lakers" more smaller and the tips and tricks link a lot bigger.... :righton: