1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

311 owners: Do you see a line down the right side of the picture?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kucharsk, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    I just wanted to clarify what I was asking in this post.

Can any 311 owners comment as to whether they see a similar line?

2. TvilleBee

TvilleBee AllStar

Feb 11, 2007
    Sorry, can't comment other than to say it doesn't show up on a 4:3 tv (that's all my 311's are attached to. I don't believe it's on my 622, but i don't use the grey bars.

not very helpful, huh?

3. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    Don't worry, at least it's a data point.

Running a 16:9 display with the grey bars isn't necessary; it just made the line more visible for the photos.

Edit: Given the lack of responses here, I just went ahead and got DISH to send me a replacement 311. I'll see if it makes any difference, then we'll know for sure whether it's the receiver or their video encoders.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I believe it may be a phenominon from the source. I'm currently seeing a black line down the right side of Ghost Hunters on SciFi. Set to grey bar for SD channels. ViP622 on 57 inch Hitachi HDTV.

5. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    Yep - got my replacement 311, it has the exact same issue - not surprising as it's obviously a video encoder issue at their head end or at the signals' source.

I tried to tell the "techs" at DISH this, but they insisted on replacing my receiver.

I'll pursue it further, but honestly, I doubt it will do any good.

I tried to get them to look at the photos I posted, but they all insisted they have no access to the web or to email.

6. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    Thanks - I'll do that!

I don't think it's a surprise that the new receiver made NO difference, except they've obviously modified something such that all the 311-generated message boxes are now English/Spanish instead of just English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.