1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

322 Transponder Problem

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dishnet520, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dishnet520

dishnet520 AllStar

Jun 15, 2004
    I have a friend who has (1) DISH 322 Receiver for two TV's. He often loses certain channels like ESPN, TNT, etc. An error message pops up on screen saying signal acquistion error or switch problem detected -- run check switch. When we run check switch, 119 comes back with satellite verification error. In the details page it reads as follows:

Satellite Input 1:
    121: Even, Odd
    119: Odd
    110: Even, Odd

Satellite Input 2:
    121: Even, Odd
    119: Odd
    110: Even, Odd

So obivously we are missing the Even transponders on 119. We swicth the wires at the DP34, switched receivers with one of mine, checked all fittings -- everything looks good. Any help on similar problems members have experienced in the past would be greatly appreciated.

2. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    Just doublechecking, but for input 1 you are missing the even, but on input 2 you are missing the odd. Did you mean this? If so, it would appear that you are missing different polarities for the different inputs. This would cause me to thing you either had a faulty receiver or more likely a faulty multiswitch.

If you really meant to say that you were only getting odds for both inputs, I'd say a faulty LNB. Dish has had problems with the SD LNBs recently and several threads already going on this but usually it was the FSS (121 or 105) LNB. Take off the LNB housing and spray it down with cool water. Then try the test again. If it goes away, it's heat related and will need to be replaced. It's 5.99 for the warranty and $29 for the service call unless you are still under warranty.

3. Tobar

Tobar Mentor

May 1, 2005
    I have a 322 and was having the same problems. At first I thought it was the heat since we have been experiencing the temp over 100 for several days. But it started doing the same thing in the middle of the night. After trying many different things mentioned by this forum including replacing the cables I called the Dish Tech Department and after a half hour on the telephone the tech said it looks like it's one of the ports on the 322 is bad. Dish sent me a new unit and within two days "Da Da" the problem was fixed. The receiver works great now. Try that!!

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I recall how you could check, if it receiver's fault - use voltmeter and measure voltage at SAT-INPUT; for odd transponders it should be +13VDC, for even - +18VDC.

5. dishnet520

dishnet520 AllStar

Jun 15, 2004
    I hooked-up my 311 to his system and I received the same results. DISH is sending out new DP34, but CSR said it may be the 119/121 combo LNB. DP34 should be here Thursday. Hope it works. Thanks everybody for input. I will update when we get the DP34.

6. dishnet520

dishnet520 AllStar

Jun 15, 2004
    Received the DP34 today -- still NO luck with Even on the 119. Called DISH back and they said might be wiring now. I am thinking since all wire any fittings are good, maybe it is a ground block or 119/121 combo LNB. Any suggestions on anything else. I am going to try my whole LNB unit Friday.

7. QasDishGuy

QasDishGuy AllStar

Jul 23, 2005
    The LNB assembly for the Superdish's are a constant problem at the moment. I would of course check all wiring and fittings (no super sharp bends, breaks, staples in the lines, fittings up to par etc) and bypass the ground block using barrels or another ground block to ensure proper connection. Make sure the lines are coming directly into the receiver with no splitters, etc. Check the 34 switch, it has a blue "flexible plastic" shielding where you plug in the fittings. Make sure the stingers go directly into the center hole and the installer did not puncture this shielding as it could cause signal loss like you describe. Check the dish signal strength, are the even transponders at least higher signal in the 80's +?

Hopefully the switch fixes your problem, but those are some things I would try first of course.

8. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    I was having the same problem with a 121 superdish, kept loosing the 119 sat during the day only,tried the switch no help, replacing the lnb seems to have solved the problem, like someone else said the seems to be a lot of problem with the superdish lnb's,

Bob

9. dishnet520

dishnet520 AllStar

Jun 15, 2004
    Switched out the 121/119 LNB Unit and all is good now. Thanks to everyone for there advice. Hope not to have any more problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.