1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

34/700 intermittent connection with the old type of wifi box as given with 32/500

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Windshadow, May 8, 2013.

1. Windshadow

Windshadow Cool Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Since my 32/500 was replaced with the 34/700 last weekend the wifi box that directv provided with the 32/500 (and which worked with no major problems other than sync with the iPad app where the 32/500 had to be verified each time the app was launched) I have had continuous connection problems and even though selected on demand show eventually download I get messages on screen all the time about no connection and asking if I was to test or continue..... Testing will result in a fail as well as loosing the live show I am watching on delay and interrupt any schedule recordings is I have learned to ignore this msg and by the next day the download will be done for live TV I tend to pause the show and watch some 30 min recording then I can go back to live show and 30sec skip the adds.

My Internet is roadrunner 50/5 provided by time Warner. Speed at the wifi router is 50/5 as advertised by speed test and when I run speedtest on a wifi connected device I get 34.5/5.3 so time Warner says no problems at their end

Anything I can try before I get a service call?
    Cheers

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Don't think a service call will help much other than replacing the wireless for a much reliable wired "DECA"