1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Problem??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by reubenray, Jan 21, 2013.

1. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    For some reason my HR34 is not recognizing my projector as 3D capable anymore. I just double checked everything to make sure nothing is wrong with either my projector or my receiver by putting in a 3D movie in my Blu-ray player.

Any ideas? The D* receiver is connected via HDMI just like everything else which works.

I got it figured out. This thread can be deleted.

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    What did you end up doing? It may help someone in the future.

3. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    In order for the D* receiver to pick up that the projector is 3D capable the projector has to be turned on first. If the D* receiver is started up first it does not pick up the 3D capabilities of the project so declares the projector as not being capable of doing 3D. The D* receiver will only do this test once. To test this I reset my D* receiver and it worked. I have a Logitech remote, so I redid the sequencing of what turns on first. The true test will be tomorrow morning when I turn everything on again. I found this info on the D* forum through doing a google search for the problem.

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the update.

5. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    Everything worked with setting the projector to turn on first.