1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

3D

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Stevies3, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Stevies3

Stevies3 Legend

Jul 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hi,

I'm looking to purcahse a new TV, leaning towards a Samsung 3D LED set..... I have a HR24-500 whicjh I believe is capable of displaying 3D content. My question is, Do I need an HDMI cable between the TV & the HR-24 or can I stay with my current component cables?

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    You need an HDMI cable to display 3D. Component will not work.

3. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    If you need to buy a HDMI cable check www.monoprice.com for good reasonably prices ones.

4. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    And if you are buying a separate receiver for audio and video switching be careful which one you buy as some do not fully support DirecTV 3D via their internal HDMI switcher. Check out the big 3D thread.